A month has flown by so fast. Could 2016 be any faster? I’m just hoping February and March would past even faster cause by the end of March I would be done with my weekly allergy shots to prepare for spring. For the past 2 springs I had up to 3 months of suffering from my allergies. The first year I thought I was just having a very long cold. But last year it happened again and this time it got worse. I could barely breathe throughout the night causing me sleepless nights and finishing up 3 boxes of tissue a month was annoying. I was jumping from one antihistamine to another until I finally found one that reduces half the blocked nose and so on. By the time I started taking it, the amount of pollen subsided and it got better. So, I decided to take a test to see what was I allergic to exactly. Turns out I’m allergic to cats and grass! I find it a little ironic how I, from a tropical country is allergic to grass out of all things. Don’t mind being allergic to cats cause I’m more of a dog person.
Anyways, this recipe is a twist on the regular mayonnaise based egg salad. It’s also a basic so you can freely add whatever condiment you like such as onions, pickles and so on. If you do not like mayonnaise and butter this is a good solution. Plus, avocados are very nutritious. Also a good way to get vitamins, healthy fats and other nutrients for kids who do not like veggies.
You can of course add mayonnaise into the mixture but it’s simply not necessary. Goes perfectly with toast, oopsie rolls, cucumbers, celery or crackers. I dipped mine in whole wheat crackers but from now on I would go the vegetable route instead.
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled
- 1 large Avocado, roughly chopped
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice*
- 1 Tablespoon Crème fraîche (optional)
- For Garnish Dill
- In a bowl, mash eggs till small chunks.
- Add avocado, crème fraîche – if using, salt and pepper. (Add lemon juice if you are not eating the salad right away. This is to prevent the avocado’s from going dark/black – oxidation)
- Mix ingredients together.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour or serve immediately. I like cold egg salad.
- Conversion Table
- Per serving : 161 calories, 12 grams total fat, 4 grams total carbohydrate, 10 grams protein.
- For nutritional information, please visit my Yummly page and scroll to the bottom of the recipe.If you are using MyFitnessPal app to count calories, first copy the recipe URL then go to MyFitnessPal app to Recipes, select Create a New Recipe, then Add from the Web. Paste the URL, match ingredients and that’s it!
- Always match ingredients to the ones you use. Ingredient nutritional facts differ depending on brand.