Oopsie Rolls to go with it. But after some time, I was actually getting sick of burgers. However, I still had lots of frozen burger patties left. I bought lots of it because hey! We love burgers! And since I just got a new freezer with lots of space and the burger patties were selling half price at my local grocery store so, why not! So I gladly stocked up on burger patties. Double score! Since I started getting sick of it, I just minced it up, mixed together some spices, topped it with cheese and jalapeños, baked it and Voilà.! A new dish from burger patties. But when I ran out of burger patties, I started using minced meat for this dish. I can get minced meat relatively cheap here because I buy it for half the price when it’s on sale (about once a month) and I buy at least 3 kg’s of it and freeze it or make it into homemade burgers, meatballs, salisbury steak or bolognese.
This has got to be one of my favourites! Fast, simple and easy to put together dinner. Plus, I get to make some Keto Flaxseed Chips to go with it. I like to eat it like a dip.
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Chilli Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt
- 500 grams / 1 pound Minced Meat
- 200 grams / ½ can Chopped Tomatoes (sugar free/reduced sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (sugar free/reduced sugar)
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- For Garnish Jalapeño Slices
- Seasoning Mix
- Mix ingredients together and set aside.
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat up coconut fat and brown minced meat.
- Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and seasoning mix.
- Stir and cook through.
- Transfer cooked meat into a greased dish.
- Top with mozzarella and jalapeños.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180’C or till cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
- Serve with a side of sour cream, salad and keto flaxseed chips.
- Conversion Chart
- You can adjust seasoning according to what you like. I like mine a little spicy so I add a chili powder mix of cayenne, chili, cumin, and paprika.
- If you are using MyFitnessPal app to count calories, first copy the recipe URL then go to MyFitnessPal app to Recipes, select Create a New Recipe, then Add from the Web. Paste the URL, match ingredients and that’s it!
- Always match ingredients to the ones you use. Ingredient nutritional facts differ depending on brand.
- Nutrition Facts (based on my ingredients) : Per serving (1/4) 443 kcal, Total Fat – 28 g, Total Carbs – 9 g, Fiber – 2 g = NET Carbs – 7 g, Protein – 39 g.
- If you find that there’s too much meat in the dish, simply load up on the cheese or fat and increase serving size or simply reduce amount of meat.
100 0 100 36