Green beans, also known as French beans or string beans. Growing up, I ate these stir fried style…with garlic, onions and soy sauce. In Switzerland, it’s just steamed till it’s super soft and served just like that. Not all places, but most places. When I worked at a Swiss restaurant, they often served their green beans this was for functions. That was when I started to like having green beans this way. Maybe because I like butter a lot but it’s just really tasty. I also use browned butter and almonds for fried fish filets. I served this side dish with my Crispy Roasted Chicken Legs and mashed potatoes.
- 2 cups / 300 grams Green Beans, fresh or frozen
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- To Taste Salt
- Bring a pot of water with some salt to boil.
- Boil green beans for 5-7 minutes; or till desired texture.
- In the meantime, heat up a pan to medium high.
- Toast almond slices till it starts to smells nutty (do not brown it yet)
- Remove almonds.
- In the same pan, melt the butter till it starts bubbling.
- Add almonds
- Cook on medium high till the almonds start browning. (pay close attention to it)
- Season and top it on the cooked beans.
- Conversion table
- You can also steam the beans
- Add a squeeze of lemon for some tanginess
- Add parmesan for some cheesiness 😉
- Goes well with asparagus, artichokes, brussels sprouts and broccoli.
- For nutritional information, please visit my Yummly page and scroll to the bottom of the recipe.
- If you are using MyFitnessPal app to count calories, first copy the recipe URL then go to MyFitnessPal app to Recipes, select Create a New Recipe, then Add from the Web. Paste the URL, match ingredients and that’s it!
- Always match ingredients to the ones you use. Ingredient nutritional facts differ depending on brand.