It started with searching for the base. I can’t use graham crackers or petit beurre – which I love as a base, so I found a keto friendly sweet crust pastry from the KetoDietApp. I had lots of almond flour/meal that needed to be used up by the end of May, score! The crust tasted perfect! But being me, I decided to crush the crust up after it was baked to make the cheesecake base. What I should have done was just to leave it in it’s pie base form and top it with the cheesecake filling. The crushed crust did not stick even after adding 5 tablespoons of melted butter. It still turned out fine, just that the base does not hold much. So it’s not completely a no-bake cheesecake since I did bake a crust for it. If you have some keto cookies around, grind it up and use it. This cheesecake started out as just a regular no bake cheesecake. What I wanted was a 2 layer cheesecake, cocoa and vanilla.Then I took half the filling out to mix it with unsweetened cocoa powder and it tasted better and got thicker which held better compared to the one without. So I mixed both with cocoa powder. All in all, I spent 2 1/2 hours before I was ready to cut myself a slice. AWESOME! But honestly, it does taste better after 12 hours of chilling. ?
- 1¾ cup Almond Flour/Meal
- ¼ cup Whey Protein (Vanilla/Unflavoured)
- 4 Tablespoons Keto Friendly Sweetener (Erythritol, Stevia...)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted or Coconut Oil
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 250 grams (one 8 ounce package) Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 4 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 30 grams / 1 scoop Whey Protein (Vanilla/Unflavoured) *optional
- 2-3 Tablespoons Keto Friendly Sweetener (Erythritol, Stevia...)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 pod Vanilla Beans
- 2 teaspoons Keto Friendly Sweetener (Erythritol, Stevia...) * optional
- Almond Crust
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Grease a nonstick round (I used a 9-inch) cake pan or place parchment paper in a round cake pan. Set aside.
- Mix all the almond crust ingredients in a food processor or by hand till it forms a dough.
- Place dough into prepared cake pan. Evenly flatten the dough. Alternatively, roll the dough out between 2 parchment papers before placing it in cake pan.
- Prick some holes in the dough. Bake for 13-15 minutes or till golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- If you want to crumble the crust up like what I did, just add 5-6 Tablespoons of melted butter to the crumble and press into cake pan. Chill for 10 minutes before use. I would not recommend this method though.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- In a large bowl, whip heavy whipping cream and sweetener till stiff.
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice, cocoa powder, whey protein*optional and vanilla extract. Mix till well combined.
- Refrigerate till crust is completely cool
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy whipping cream, sweetener *optional and vanilla beans till stiff.
- Chill in fridge until needed.
- Assembling cheesecake
- Once the almond crust is completely cool, loosen the crust from the pan.
- Spread chocolate cheesecake filling with a spatula onto almond crust.
- Allow the chocolate cheesecake to set in the fridge for an hour.
- Once set, thinly spread the whipped cream for topping.
- Dust with cocoa powder and serve!
- Conversion Chart
- If you have some keto cookies around, grind it up and use it as the base.
- If you want a thinner crust, simply half the almond crust recipe.
- I added a scoop of whey protein into my cheesecake filling just to give it a protein bump. This is completely optional.
- Honestly, it tastes better after 12 hours of chilling. ?
- If you are using MyFitnessPal app to count calories, first copy the recipe URL then go to MyFitnessPal app to Recipes, select Create a New Recipe, then Add from the Web. Paste the URL, match ingredients and that’s it!Always match ingredients to the ones you use. Ingredient nutritional facts differ depending on brand.
- Nutrition Facts (based on my ingredients) : Per serving (1/12) 231 kcal, Total Fat – 17 g, Total Carbs – 3 g, Protein – 9 g.
100 0 100 46