mamak that you see about 4 packets of Nasi Lemak on your table throughout the day. There are also Nasi Lemak shops or vendors who only sell Nasi Lemak. That’s how much we love our Nasi Lemak. Writing about it makes me want to have a plate of it right now! Anyways, this entry is dedicated to the 52nd Malaysia Day which is held on the 16th of September every year to commemorate the establishment of the Malaysian federation which is the joining of Malaya, North Borneo (Sabah), Sarawak, and Singapore (till 1965). I was not in time to post it during the national day which was on the 31st of August, so Malaysia Day is just as good. May Malaysians always live in unity and harmony. Let’s put aside all our differences and use it for our benefit to make Malaysia a great country once again. My Nasi Lemak consists of sambal, fried baby ikan bilis, cucumber slices, roasted peanuts, boiled egg and turmeric chicken. I get my baby ikan bilis from my hometown, simply because it’s the best! Sorry, this snobbiness with seafood came naturally being born on an island 😀
- 2 cups Rice, washed
- 1 cup Thick Coconut Milk (santan)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Water
- 4 Pandan Leaf, knotted
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, bruised
- To taste Salt
- 6 pieces Chicken Wings
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Salt * I like it salty
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper, powder
- Cucumber Slices
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Roasted Peanuts
- Fried Ikan Bilis (anchovies)
- Coconut Rice
- Wash and clean rice.
- Add rice, coconut milk, water, pandan knots, lemongrass and salt to rice pot. Cook.
- Once rice is done, fluff it up.
- Remove pandan knots and lemongrass before serving.
- Turmeric Chicken
- Clean chicken wings.
- In a bowl, add turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat pan to medium high and add oil.
- Fry chicken wings till crispy. About 15-20 minutes.
- Nasi Lemak
- On a serving plate, add coconut rice, turmeric fried chicken and choice of condiments.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Cups to Grams conversion
- Sambal recipe
- Add banana leaf onto serving plate for a more traditional feel.
100 0 100 5