Prep1 hr 15 min
- ¾ - 1 cup Warm Water ( 45°C / 113°F)
- ½ Tablespoon Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cups + extra for dusting All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon + extra for greasing Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3-5 cloves Garlic, pressed or chopped
- To Taste Salt
- For Garnish Coriander, chopped
- Garlic Butter
- Gently melt butter in a small pot. Add freshly pressed or chopped garlic and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix in sugar, yeast and warm water (about ¾ cup). Let it sit for 5-8 minutes till frothy. *see tips
- Add in flour, salt and oil. Mix till combined.
- Transfer to a clean surface and knead for 10 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Lightly oil a large bowl and cover with a damp tea towel or plactic wrap and allow to rise for an hour or till doubled in size in a warm place. *see tips
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Prepare a baking tray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Lightly flour countertop and divide dough into equal balls and flatten to desired shape.
- Place flattened dough onto baking tray and brush with garlic butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Brush with extra butter and serve.
- *if your house/kitchen temperature is below 27°C (81°F) proof your yeast or bread in the oven. To do this, turn your oven on to the lowest setting available for 2 minutes. Then turn if off and place your bowl of dough or yeast into the oven. You may need to place the wire rack lower. Remember to turn the oven off!
- Conversion Table
0 0 100 0