Jalapeño and cream cheese? A match made on earth! I call these wontons as I use wontons wrappers, original wontons are filled with minced pork and prawns. These are such an easy and tasty appetiser or snack!
I would fry these not long before serving, as the wonton wrappers would get limp due to the cream cheese. You can make it a few hours before hand, but be sure to cover it with a damp paper towel to not dry out the wonton wrappers. The wrappers are sealed with a mixture of cornflour and water to ensure it does not open up while frying. Make sure that the wonton wrappers are gently held, to not make holes or tears.
- ½ cup Jalapeños, chopped
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- To taste Salt
- 25 Wonton Wrappers
- For frying Peanut Oil
- Mix cornflour and water. Set aside. This is used for sealing the wonton wrappers.
- Mix jalapeños with cream cheese and salt.
- Take one wonton wrapper and fill it with about 2 tsp of jalapeño cream cheese mixture.
- Dip a finger in cornflour mixture and run it across the wrapper. Fold to make a triangle or desired shape.
- Gently press out any air pockets from the inside to avoid it the wontons from bursting while frying.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Keep a good eye on the wontons while frying. They tend to get bubbly inside even with pressing out air pockets.
- You can try to bake these but the one’s that I have tried so far have not produced good results as to frying them.
- Add bacon…lots of it.
- Cups to Grams conversions