Servings10 mini quiches
Recipe Tin Eats’ Quiche Toast Cups.
- 6 slices or more Sandwich Bread, fresh
- To spread on sandwich bread Butter, softened
Bacon and Spinach Filling
- ¾ cup bacon Bacon, diced
- ½ cup Spinach, thawed
- 1 medium sized Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Gruyere, grated
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black Pepper, grounded
- Toast Cups
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F). Prepare a muffin/cupcake pan, brush with butter or spray with cooking spray.
- Melt butter.
- Take slices of fresh sandwich bread and cut it with a round cookie cutter (about 4 1/2 inch diameter).
- Flatten the bread with a rolling pin.
- Brush flattened bread with butter.
- Press the bread into the muffin/cupcake pan.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Bacon and Spinach Filling
- Fry bacon in pan, add onions once the bacon fat has rendered.
- Sauté till the onions are soft. Set aside.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze or strain any access liquid.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Add bacon, onions and spinach.
- Once toast cups are baked, pour the mixture into each toast cup – about 3/4 full.
- Fill balance of mixture into the rest of the muffin/cupcake pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the filling is set and golden brown. (I took mine out a tad too early, because we were hungry!)
100 0 100 3