- ¾ cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Sugar, for coating
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) and prepare baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add molasses and egg. Mix till combined.
- In another bowl, mix together ginger powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix till it forms into a dough.
- Pour ½ cup of sugar into a bowl.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Drop the dough ball into the bowl of sugar and coat. Pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes if the dough gets warm.
- Place balls on prepared baking tray about 2 inches apart from each other. I would suggest 12 balls per tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. *Please pay attention to the cookies 8 minutes in. Baking times may vary.
- Allow cookies to cool down on baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Conversion Table
- Dough is very soft, so you might need to pop it into the fridge for 30 minutes to make rolling easier. When I baked mine, my kitchen was very cold so I could roll and bake right away.
0 0 100 0