…the cheaper version…
My husband won my heart with his carbonara on our first christmas as a couple and when he still cooked for me. Ever since, we both have been constantly trying to improve our carbonara. We’ve watched videos, read multiple blog entries, and ate at some restaurants in pursuit of finding the best carbonara.
On a day when I have more spending money, I will post an authentic Spaghetti à la Carbonara recipe. As for now, we shall do with the cheaper but still tasty and satisfying version of Spaghetti à la Carbonara.
- 2 portions Spaghetti
- 1½ cups Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 4 nos Egg Yolks
- ½ cup (+/-) Parmesan Cheese or Grana Padano
- To taste Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Enough for boiling Water
- To taste Salt
- Cook spaghetti in a pot with salted water until al dente. Set aside about
1/21/4 cup of the water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon and fry in pan.
- Once bacon starts to get crispy, add garlic and stir for a minute. Do not let it brown.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk parmesan and egg yolks.
- Using water from boiled spaghetti (still hot, about
1/21/4 cup), pour in slowly while whisking the egg mixture.
- Add cooked spaghetti and bacon. Mix.
- Serve immediately.