Brownies have been another long time favourite. Many people have their own preferences to how they like their brownies ; be it cakey, fudgy, chocolaty, nutty, aromatic or just plain old brownies. To me there is no right or wrong in making brownies.
So here’s a brownie recipe that’s quite fudgy, very chocolaty, and nutty…plus an additional fake flower prop. Didn’t what I was thinking about when I took the photo and only edited it after I ate all the brownies.
Recipe adapted from My Sweet Journals.
- 9 ounces (250g) Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 nos Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt (if using unsalted butter)
- ½ cup Walnuts, toasted
- Prepare a 9 x 9-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment paper and grease it.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Toast walnuts.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler, microwave or if you are lazy like me, just over the stove on low heat (be sure not to burn it). Mix well.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Once butter and chocolate have melted, take it off heat.
- Mix in brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt (if using unsalted butter) and eggs (one at a time).
- Using a spatula, fold in flour mixture and toasted nuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.
100 0 100 5